Education: How to Attract Kids to STEM
Science, Technology, and Engineering & Math?
The following guidelines can help STEM education more appalling for kids:
- Make Practical Theory in Action Link with kid-fascinating topics and challenges – Bait daily routine activities with challenging thinking
- Pose Who, How, What, When, Where, Why questions – Ask questions starting with these words and make them find solutions. Ask children why birds fly, who invented electricity etc…
- Encourage children to apply the concepts they learn and reward them to make it memorable learning
- Field trips – Actual trips to factories and places teach is an excellent method of teaching and long lasting memory
- Gamification– The brain is more receptive to learning during games so make a game for all activities.
[image source: http://massacademy.wordpress.com/2012/05/02/stem-education-through-the-eyes-of-a-stem-student-2/ ]